Bali Hostel Hopping

As much as i love travelling, keeping my pocket safe is number one. so staying in a hostel or dirt cheap hotel are always a choice. but, there's always a hit or a miss when in comes to find the right hostel for your next vacay...

It has been two months since i left Bali, so many great memories and lesson and things i would have not experienced if i just stay at home. which, i'm grateful for the opportunity to have some spare to share during my stay in Bali.

" it's a like a bule (the term we used for foreigner or white people), staying in a dorm and travel solo" said one of the receptionist guy i met at the hostel.

Most of the traveler in Bali choose dormitory to save their budget or simply just to meet people. for the local in Bali, it's rare to see Indonesian or Indonesian solo female traveler roaming around the island by herself let alone stay in a dorm room. out of the topic, while i was in Canggu, i didn't feel like i was in Bali that because most of the cafes, restaurants or bars were filled with tourist. not that i wasn't happy about it but the Balinese vibe are long gone. Canggu has slowly turn into Seminyak number 2. it's sad to see rice field has slowly replaced by cafes and bars. i remember i went to this hippie bars with skate park, it was located next to the rice field. while everyone else was enjoying their bintangs or shouting their lungs off to support the tirelessly skater boy, me on the other hand, was staring far away into the pitch black rice field and wonder how long it will remain the same.

without rambling nonsense out of the topic, i'll share with you my accommodation while i was in Bali. i was pretty much using booking.com as i love their paylater feature. so worry not!

1. M Box Hostel - Seminyak
Rp. 115.000 (price may vary)
https://mboxseminyak.com/



I kid you not! 10 out of 10, i enjoyed my stay in this hotel. during the check in they gave me free yogurt voucher where i could redeem from the yogurt store nearby. clean dorm bed that will give you so much privacy and i never seen so many showers and toilets in a hostel before and it was spotlessly clean. they have swimming pool, even though it's not that big but i guess it's enough as most probably you'll be at the beach or shopping during the day. what i love the most about this hostel was the BREAKFAST! yesss, they give us buffet style breakfast consist of scramble egg or omelet, toast, pancake, fruits, fried rice and they provide us with anchor butter yummmm. during the check out they'll give you mini dream catcher which was so thoughtful and sweet.

2. Serenity Eco Guesthouse- Canggu
Rp. 185.000 (price may vary)



It was like entering a whole new different world, where everybody were in a good shape and i felt like a potato in an old shack. yes, it's a yoga hostel so of course everyone are in a good shape. they have yoga class for Rp. 80k for local in one session. i booked this hostel after having a hard time finding the hostel i was supposed to stay in with a rice field view. so yeah i booked this hostel on my motorbike with my backpack and dog barking at me. the price was a bit pricey for me but the location and generous breakfast, it was worth it. i was staying in a dorm room with 2 empty beds so basically i didn't pay for the privacy. during the check in they gave me welcome drink, it was dragon fruit juice and everything on it which i laffff! then they asked for my backpack for them to clean with vacuum something. it must be clean before entering the residence. the guy then brought me to my room and said they never had Indonesian female solo traveler here so bare in mind if he always speak English as he already has the English script on his brain to charm their guest :D. the next morning i rush into the restaurant to get my free breakfast. oh boy! it was so good to eat clean once in a while.






3. Ngurah Hostel - Ubud
Rp. 25.000 (price may vary)

They said, you'll get what you paid for. and i got more than i paid for. after riding my scooter from canggu to this hostel for more than one hour i was expected it would tucked away from civilization. but i was wrong, it was just 5 minutes from the main road and 10 minutes walk from the ubud palace. the hostel doesn't have air-con (fan only) but each room has their own bathroom so you only get to share with your roommates. as for breakfast they provide you with toast+jams. what i love the most is the free water all day so i could refill my water bottle anytime. 
The hostel is family run. the lady was so friendly and always make sure that the guess is always happy. his husband was also helpful and friendly as well, one time he was helping his guest to call some sort of agent, i hope she'll leave some tips as make a phone call is not free.




4. Borough Hostel - Legian 
Rp. 135.000 (price may vary)

I know that i should have not give Legian  a go but i never been there so why not as i thought i could go to the south whenever i could as i have my own scooter but luck wasn't my charm during my last days in Bali. i got my period so i couldn't enjoy the pool at the rooftop overlooking the ocean and on the way to the south it was raining like crazy and i had my period cramp. what i love was the rooftop which you wouldn't get in any other hostel around and free water fountain all day of course. i'd prefer M box hostel tho for their breakfast but i guess i paid for the view and the chance to try more hostel in my life. i didn't manage to take picture of the room but over all it was the same capsule beds like any other.






a bientot Bali !





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Translate

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Do not lose hope, nor be sad. 3:139

About

Hello! and Welcome to my Blog!. i am so glad you find your way to my Blog :) I am Uni Bayyinah,i am a twenty-something based in Indonesia who loves (almost) everything the world has offer. I found myself at a crossroads where I had to figure out what I wanted to do with my life.So, Okay. You know a bit about me, friends?